Alternatives to the High Cost of Litigation Magazine is a journal published on the behalf of the International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution.
This journal covers many topics such as alternative dispute resolution (ADR) developments, business trends and best practices. The publication gives guidance for companies, courts, and firms to use ADR.
The articles are all based solely on the coverage in business and the different strategies and practices that companies use. This journal is published 11 times in a year and keeps readers in the know about changing regulations, decisions and laws that play into ADR practices.
You can find information about e-commerce, toxic torts, trademarks, arbitration, negotiation and much more!
The Alternatives to the High Cost of Litigation Magazine has been awarded both the 2012 Azbee Awards by the American Society of Business Publication Editors.
Not only does this journal keep readers up to date, but it also offers advice to those looking for mediation methods and ADR tips.
This publication is great for judges, lawyers, law professors, agency officials and neutrals.
This journal is available not only in print, but also in PDF form sent by email.
Russ Bleemer is and has been in charge of editing the CPR monthly newsletter and Alternatives journal for over 20 years. In addition, he is also editor of the Mediation: Approaches & Insights publication. While he has worked with the Alternatives to the High Cost of Litigation journal, the publication has won 12 awards for writing and reporting. He attended Marietta College to earn his bachelor’s degree in Media Management and later went to The George Washington University Law School to earn his Doctor of Law degree.
On the editorial board for the journal there are many known professionals that contribute to the publication. These individuals include:
- John J. Bouma; Snell & Wilmer
- Jamie Broder; Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker
- Kathleen A Bryan; CPR Institute
- A. Stephens Clay; Kilpatrick Stockton
- Cathy A. Constantino; Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
- Robert A. Creo; Master Mediators LLC
- Laura Effel; Larkspur, CA
- Lawrence J. Fox; Drinker, Biddle & Reath
- Marc Galanter; University of Wisconsin Law School
- Whitmore Gray; Fordham University School of Law/University of Michigan Law School
- Jeff Kichaven; Professional Mediation and Arbitration
- Jeffrey Krivis; First Mediation Corp.
- Harry N. Mazadoorian; Quinnipiac Law School
- Carrie Menkel-Meadow; Georgetown University Law Center
- Robert H. Mnookin; Harvard Law School
- Paul J. Mode, Jr.; Citigroup
- James M. Ringer; Meister Seeling & Fein
- A. James Robertson II; Superior Court of California
- Nancy Rogers; Ohio State University College of Law
- David L. Sandborg; City University of Hong Kong
- Frank E. A. Sander; Harvard Law School
- Irene C. Warshauer; Office of Irene C. Warshauer
- Robert S. Whitman; Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Gerald R. Williams; J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University